Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Scratches, falls, bugs...






Because I am new to the world of fungi, I don't know yet the names of many of them. I have taken hundreds of photos and I am in the process of identifying them. 

In my adventure, I have laughed a lot. One day, I saw a mushroom growing on a log that was across a little brook. I took another log and put it next to the first one. I  Made sure that it was safe.  I climbed on it, I bent to take a shot, I lost balance and fell down. I reacted and somehow I ended sitting on the logs with one of my legs in the cold water. 

Several times, I have got thorns in my hands, on my clothes. One day I poked one eye with a stick! I have fallen when trying to climb on inclined logs. I have got dog poop once in one of  my shoes when searching for fungi. But, it is all worth.




.
.
                                          Earthstar?  cientific name? Help if you know.

1 comment:

  1. The name of the 'star' is Escleroderma geaster. It stars as a kind of ball that when matures, it splits open and forms the rays. Rain is in charge of spreading the spores which are in the 'cup' as a brown-purple dust.

    ReplyDelete