Thursday, January 7, 2016

Beginning of the year

 
Giant tree at the entrance of Ravine trail one week before it fell down
The day before Christmas, I was traveling to Washington D.C., and before I left I couldn't resist to visit the woods and take more photos. I took this one. On January 2nd I went again and I couldn't see what had happened to the tree, because I was looking down to say hello to my old fungi fellows along the fence. Suddenly I was at the entrance of the trail and oh, the giant tree, my old dear friend, which I visited so many times was laying down. In its fall it broke other neighboring trees and left a huge hole in the ground. My heart talked to it. I stayed around it for a while. I saw a big piece of a broken plate that was unearthed when the tree fell down.  I looked at it and put it down. My eyes caught sight of something white among the roots and when I investigated, it was this little porcelain dog ( A little bit more than one inch and a half). It was cover and filled with dirt. I also saw two 'suspicious' rounded things and I investigated them.They were two giant buttons.

This is Hongos, which mean Fungus in Spanish. (H is mute)
Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment